Thursday 29 August 2013

New Teacher Orientation

     Yesterday was New Teacher Orientation in "T-Division"! My husband, myself, and four other new teachers met at our Division Office to get prepared for the new year and learn the ropes of the division. As you can probably tell from the fact that there are only 6 new employees, our division is quite small and our orientation was very laid back and welcoming.

     In general, the information was a little bland but necessary. We discussed:
- Our provincial union, Manitoba Teachers' Society (MTS)
- Salaries
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Divisional Calendar
- Divisional Policies
- Professional Development & Growth, etc

     A wonderful surprise was that our Superintendent took us all out for lunch after orientation was completed! It gave me an opportunity to talk more with the 4 other new teachers (1 of which is at "S-School" with me). My husband and I are the only teachers that are fresh out of university and from the area. The remaining teachers vary in experience from 2 years to 19 years and are from all over Manitoba and Ontario. I am glad to have had the opportunity to meet more teachers as I only know the teachers in "S-School". We have a division-wide PD day on Tuesday so I am looking forward to meeting up with them again!

     Here's to a great year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Lunch with the superintendent. That's really welcoming! Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nothy! Yes, it was so welcoming and definitely set a good tone for the year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!