Monday 11 February 2013

Resources To Start Off Your Week 53

     This week I have two great YouTube Channels that I just found as well as a LiveBinders compilation about QR Codes in the classroom! As always, I will be adding these to my lists of resources under the Fav Websites heading.

1 ) VSauce YouTube Channel
- This YouTube Channel features some great videos that could be used as
   activating strategies in the classroom such as "Is the 5 Second Rule True?"
   and "What if Everyone Jumped At Once?". These videos are very
   engaging and I can see students getting really excited by the off-beat and
   interesting information.
- These types of videos could also be used as examples for teachers and
   students to create their own videos!
* Some videos on this channel would not be appropriate for the classroom
   so make sure you explore fully before you use it in the class
http://www.youtube.com/user/Vsauce

VSauce YouTube Channel, youtube channels as activating strategies,

2 ) Minute Physics
- This YouTube Channel features some amazing videos that would be perfect
   in a science class. The RSA Animate style of the videos is engaging and the
   information is summarized clearly and quickly!
- If I was teaching physics I would definitely show these videos in class or have
   the links available for students to checkout at home for homework help.
- I have absolutely no background in physics and I found these videos pretty
   helpful!
http://www.youtube.com/user/minutephysics

physics videos, physics activating strategies, physics videos for students

3 ) QR Codes in Education: LiveBinders
- QR Codes are being incorporated more and more in classrooms and I
   actually used them during student teaching in an attempt to go paperless!
- This LiveBinder covers everything from apps, QR generators and hundreds
   of ways to use them in the classroom for a variety of projects.
- You can follow the link to this site or scan the code I created :)
http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=51894
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!